Sink and Stove are In!
The sink, faucet, disposal are all plumbed in, and the stove is installed. Hooray!
We're very happy with our oversized, 10" deep sink. Plenty of room for washing large pots, pans & sheets. Also spent $50 extra to get the 'super premium' disposal... so quiet I actually had to put some stuff down it to make sure it was really running.
Kudos to Colonial Marble & Granite for the precision of their measuring and cutting of the counters. There's about 1/16" gap on each side of the stove for a nice snug fit.
We're very happy with our oversized, 10" deep sink. Plenty of room for washing large pots, pans & sheets. Also spent $50 extra to get the 'super premium' disposal... so quiet I actually had to put some stuff down it to make sure it was really running.
Mind you, most of the work is what you don't see. Dropping a sink into a hole is just not that hard. What was a PITA was removing the old valves, sweating on new fixtures to the copper pipe, installing nice new valves (that actually work!), hooking up all the lines, etc. Plus the whole "rip out the wall and re-run the drain line" that I covered in the previous post...
The sink is built like a tank. I actually broke open the checkbook (those of you who know me know that means clearing off the dust and brushing away the cobwebs) for this one. The lip of the sink is 4mm Stainless, and the body is 14-gauge (about 2mm). In other words, it's the proverbial brick s**t-house of sinks. But "do it right, do it once" is our mantra for this rehab and there's nothing I hate more than a bouncy-flexy 'contractor grade' 20-22 gauge sink.
Side note: I've been asked 100 times already why we didn't do an 'undermount' sink. I realize that's currently all the rage, but we chose 'top mount' on purpose. Why?
- I have never, ever, ever seen a single undermount sink (not even in dealer showrooms) that's truly precise. There's -always- a lip (aka mold- and crud-catcher) where the counter and sink aren't flush.
- I realize it's a 'thing' right now. But I think it's also a thing 'right now' and in 10 years folks will say "Oh, an undermount sink! How 'teens' looking"
- We're going for a 'sleek' look to the kitchen, and I find the wide, flat stainless steel 'lip' on this sink aesthetically appealing.
In any case, all's well that ends well, and it came out very nicely.
Putting in the stove was a MUCH easier proposition. Plug it in, slide it in, done. You may notice that the front seems "low" in the photo, sitting a bit below the cabinet-edge... Once the floor's in, we'll use the built-in levelers to fix that.




Comments
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated and may take a time to show up. Rude, commercial or spam posts will be passed over.