Bathroom Progress: Shower in, ready for walls & tile

The shower stall is finally installed.



There was a lot of 'behind the scenes' work on the shower. Had to completely replumb both the drain and water inlet. Had to add a lot of framing to ensure adequate support for the acrylic walls. But in the end it's virtually leak-proof and solid as a rock.

The electrical boxes have been replaced with 'adjustable depth' units to ensure they can accommodate the thickness of walls & tile. I could have set 'fixed depth' boxes based on the thickness of wallboard & tile, but given that mortaring tile isn't THAT precise, I preferred to spend a couple extra bucks for the adjustables.



And the sink plumbing has been redone to accommodate our pedestal sink. Previously the water outlets were 18" apart (and sloppily done, including slight leaking) for use under a large "vanity" sink unit. We need them tight, narrow and neat for the pedestal... And as always, I'm not a fan of 'threaded' fittings that have more leak potential. I'd rather used glued (CPVC) or copper. In this case, it was simplest to stick with sweated copper.


Currently, I left lots of extra pipe on the outlets and just capped it - to simplify installation of wallboard & tile. Once that's installed I'll cut them to length and sweat on valves.


Comments

Popular Posts