It's beginning to look a lot like bath-room...

Walls are up and things are looking up. Next step: Tile.

Before pics, a response to the comment I know I'll get: Why greenboard? Shouldn't you use cement board under tile?

For me, no. A couple reasons.
  • Greenboard is SO much lighter and easier to cut / work with.
  • I've done multiple tile jobs over green board with never a problem.
  • I glue-and-screw the board up, which dramatically improves its rigidity/stability vs. just screws. (Shout-out to Gorilla Adhesive in the tube. Puts standard 'construction adhesive' to shame. Grips pronto, holds like iron, sticks to anything)
Nothing wrong with cement board if you're so inclined. I just never found it necessary unless in a truly "wet" environment (e.g. I would use it behind shower tile, were I doing shower tile).

That said... here da pix:




PS - the 'discoloration' you see above the shower is silicone caulk which I applied liberally. I am NOT tiling above the shower, but it will get a good 2 coats of roll-on waterproofing membrane over the silicone, then oil-based primer, then oil-based paint. 

Comments

Popular Posts