Cabinets Cabinets Everywhere!

It's amazing how cabinets that took up three walls of a kitchen can take up two entire rooms of space once they're taken down, doors and drawers removed!



But the painting is going great! As of today all the drawer fronts and all but 3 cabinet doors are finish-coated front and back (i.e. DONE!)

Space remains the biggest constraint. Space to let them dry and cure is at a premium, and between sessions with the spray gun, I feel rather like a puzzle master. I juggle things that are dry enough to move off the racks with things still drying, and a dose of "I can just fit one more in here if I shuffle everything" to boot.



I did see a clever tip on Pinterest, where a guy drilled holes in the top-side of cabinet doors, screwed in little eye-hooks and then hung them on racks made of small PVC to dry. I could fit more that way than my current "flat" method... But by the time I drill, screw, build racks, etc. I decided just to go with tried-and-true "two 2x4's on sawhorses" technology.

That doesn't make it less frustrating when I spend a big chunk of my day literally "watching paint dry"...

But the end is near. By this weekend all cabinets will be painted and after a couple days to 'cure' properly, the reinstall begins next week!

Comments

Popular Posts