Cabinet Painting Progress
Woohoo! All the cabinet drawer-fronts and doors have been primed, front-and-back. They came out great (though it'll be tough to see in the photos).
If you ever find yourself painting cabinets, there are two products I HIGHLY recommend. BIN Primer and Penetrol. (This isn't one of those 'we get paid for the links' blogs, I just genuinely recommend them).
At $50 a gallon, BIN ain't cheap. But it's worth it. Fantastic primer that goes on great, dries fast, and gives a silky-smooth finish. It's an alcohol-based Shellac - the Rolls-Royce of primers. But I'm only doing this kitchen ONCE and I'll need at most two gallons, so "pass the Grey Poupon" it is.
Penetrol is a 'flow enhancer'... It won't work miracles (i.e. it won't make brushed or rolled paint look like sprayed - the can even says "reduces" brush & roller marks), but it's near-Catholic in its forgiveness of sins otherwise. Any little blip or oops with the spray-gun that might otherwise require sanding and another coat just magically goes away.
Next up... a couple dozen carcasses to prime... and then we start finish coating. I'll be "Mr. Paint" for another week or so yet.
If you ever find yourself painting cabinets, there are two products I HIGHLY recommend. BIN Primer and Penetrol. (This isn't one of those 'we get paid for the links' blogs, I just genuinely recommend them).
At $50 a gallon, BIN ain't cheap. But it's worth it. Fantastic primer that goes on great, dries fast, and gives a silky-smooth finish. It's an alcohol-based Shellac - the Rolls-Royce of primers. But I'm only doing this kitchen ONCE and I'll need at most two gallons, so "pass the Grey Poupon" it is.
Penetrol is a 'flow enhancer'... It won't work miracles (i.e. it won't make brushed or rolled paint look like sprayed - the can even says "reduces" brush & roller marks), but it's near-Catholic in its forgiveness of sins otherwise. Any little blip or oops with the spray-gun that might otherwise require sanding and another coat just magically goes away.
Next up... a couple dozen carcasses to prime... and then we start finish coating. I'll be "Mr. Paint" for another week or so yet.
Comments
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated and may take a time to show up. Rude, commercial or spam posts will be passed over.