Decisions, Decisions

I really like the look of kitchen cabinets that run all the way up to the ceiling.

But replacing all the cabinets in our kitchen is impractical. First, they're really good quality full-wood (even the carcasses - no MDF or plywood) maple cabinets. Second... money.

Since I'm pretty handy at carpentry, I'm thinking to 'extend them up' as shown here:


For reference, here's where we stand at the moment:


The alternatives are:
  1. Leave them as-is and put 'objets' on top as many do
  2. Run them up to the ceiling, but add doors, etc. rather than leaving them open.

??? Curious as to any feedback.

PS - Painting them white? Not optional. That's a whole other post.

Comments

  1. I'm a space-efficiency fan...I like the extension concepts...otherwise, it's totally wasted cubic footage. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and may take a time to show up. Rude, commercial or spam posts will be passed over.

Popular Posts